Effective writing skills are to a writer what oxygen is to human. Like breathing, without solid writing skills, it’s going to be very hard for writers to move forward. But note that these skills do not come overnight. I started blogging late last year but I never wrote any article of my own not until April this year.
Okay this post took me a week to compile… yet I wasn’t able to give you the whole 25 ways to improve your writing skills… i hope you’re not angry with me I’ll try to put my lazy ass together and complete this post!
Why am I telling you this?Well that’s because You have to work hard and smart to acquire them. Only with experience, you can enter the realm of effective, always-in-demand writers.
Obviously improving your writing skills requires a good command of the language in which you write or want to write.
There are some gifted writers, granted. But gifted writers also need to polish their skills frequently in order to stay ahead of competition and earn their livelihood.
So far so Good I can’t say I’m an awesome writer, but I’m working on it… and I hope some day I’ll get there . Yeah, I know my writing skills are terrible but please try to ignore that and let’s go straight to the point!
Tips To Improve Your Writing Skills
1. Follow IMC. IMC = Introduction + Meat of the body + Coconclusionn of the post
2 Cut a joke – Don’t be too serious all the time, spice up your blog post with a little humor
3 Ask questions – An interesting way to get readers engagement
4. Use simple language – Yeah, we know your the next, J.R.R Tolkien or the next Mr. Duncan, But please try to use simple English when writing a blog post
5. Write often – write often, but don’t just write crap because Wilson said you should ‘write often’ update your blog with relevant stuffs!
6. Read the BEST stuff – “If you want to be the best you have to learn from the best” – Wilson
7. Be concise and be clear – C’mon you don’t have to write a thousand(1000) words to get the comments your article deserves his goes back to the above tip. Very often, the longer you write, the less you hold a reader’s interest.
8. Keep it short – Like I said above… You do not need to write 1000-2000 words! Keep if short! but you could read my post on How to write lengthy Blog Post 😀
9. Stick to three – It’s said that people can process 7 bits of information (more or less) at a time. But the number that’s most compelling is the one we like the best: 3.
10. Have Faith in your writings – There is totally nothing like having faith in your writings! Without that you’ll never improve your writing skills.
Are you having any doubt if this tips will work for you? well you could judt use the comment box or Add me on Facebook for some personal coaching.
Wow! I’m sure after reading this you’d be filled with the pro-blogging spirit , Did you enjoy this post? aww show us some love by sharing this post to your friends using the share buttons below. Hey! You’re not leaving this blog without adding your tips! I really wanna learn from you also . Kindly use the comment box below. woun’t you consider subscrbing to our feeds for some amazing blog post??